- In a combined ground and air offensive on 5 June 2020, troops of Operation THUNDER STRIKE under Operation ACCORD in conjunction with troops of 312 Artillery Regiment and Local Vigilantes conducted a clearance patrol to Kachia Forest and neutralized some armed bandits/cattle rustlers. This followed a timely and credible information on the bandits movement within the area. Troops pursued the bandits through Gidan Maikeri village in Chikun LGA into the forest. Their location was identified and consequently engaged by Nigerian Air Force helicopter gunships. After the air interdiction, seventy (70) bandits were confirmed killed by human intelligence while others escaped with injuries. The troops are exploitating the forest. Details to follow as they unfold.
- As a matter of security concern, people in this general area should report those with sudden and suspicious injuries to the security forces. This is to ensure that the escapees are mopped up.
- Relatedly, troops of Operation YAKI in blocking positions for Operation ACCORD at outskirts of Kankomi village apprehended 2 bandits’ logistics suppliers. Items recovered include: recharge cards, cigarettes, soft drinks and groceries.
- The Military High Command congratulates Operation THUNDER STRIKE, Operation YAKI and Air Component of Operation ACCORD, for their dexterity. While the general public is requested to continue to provide timely and credible information that would assist in eliminating bandits and other criminal elements in the Country.
- You are please requested to disseminate this information through your medium. Thank you for your usual support and cooperation.
You May Also Like
Globaltimes Nigeria reports that Following the suspension of Twitter operations in Nigeria by the Federal Government, the National Broadcasting Commission (NBC), has directed all...
AMP sets up a Multi Purpose Cooperative called the Creative Hub Multipurpose Cooperative For Members
Globaltimes Nigeria reports that the Association Of Movie Producers (AMP) has set up a Multipurpose Cooperative for members. The Multipurpose Cooperative called ‘The Creative Hub Multipurpose Cooperative’ was inaugurated...
Sunday Igboho Has been dagger-drawn with Oyo state governor, Seyi Makinde over attempt to quit Fulani herdsmen from Igangan, Ibarapa North Local Government area...